Tuesday, January 29, 2008

you've GOT to hear this one...

I had a really crazy dream last night. First, I should tell you that I was listening to Loreena McKennitt's "Book of Secrets" as I fell asleep. It has a bit of a Central Asian sound, I guess...

So I'm on a group tour with a bunch of Americans and Russians in Pakistan. (A few things are strange here: (1) me on a group tour, (2) Americans and Russians together on a tour, and (3) Pakistan as a popular tourist destination for Americans and Russians.) We're walking around the mountains enjoying the scenery and listening to a tour guide tell us about the history of the country and how stable Pakistan's political situation has become over the past decade.

That's when we hear the fighter jets. Our jolly guide disappears, so I take it upon myself to continue the tour. In Steve Irwin style, no less. ("Now what we've got here is a cluster bomb. You can tell by the size of the dust cloud it raises. You don't want to get too close to one of these big guys!")

After a few minutes of nonchalance - after all, the bombs were being dropped a good 5 miles away - the Russians all simultaneously go into "commando mode" and decide that, since the stupid Americans aren't doing anything, they'll have to get us out of this mess...

There was more, but I've forgotten already. Maybe there will be a sequel tonight, lol.

2 comments:

christianna said...

that is really funny ... i hope you remember more -- i want to hear the end of the saga!

TracyS. said...

LOL! More please!