Tuesday, January 8, 2008

people from here are called...

When I moved to Michigan, I learned that people from here are called Michiganders. Yes, Michiganders. My first thought was "okay, so does that make me a Michigoose?" I was happy to learn that some people use the term Michiganian.

Many of you also know about my long-standing love for Seattle. I started to wonder what people from Seattle are called. Well, lest you should wonder as well, I'll tell you - Seattleites. Isn't that great?!

People from Los Angeles? Angelenos. Perhaps Angelenas as well?
People from Memphis? Memphisites. (Though I think Memphisian is SO much better...)
People from Kansas? Kansans.
People from Saint Petersburg? Petersburgers.
People from Moscow? Muscovites.

Does anyone out there have any other good ones?

1 comment:

christianna said...

seattleites!! yess -- that's it! i know i've heard that before. i'm so glad you found out for sure ...

muscovites, huh? i like that. and michiganders. and michigeese.