Monday, January 14, 2008

on Ferndale and MacGyver

I love Ferndale. That's Ferndale, Michigan 48220. I live here. I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and I discovered one more reason to love it: Dana Elcar - Pete Thornton from the MacGyver series - is from here. Cool, eh?

I might not have remembered Mr. Elcar's name if it wasn't for the fact that I've been watching the complete MacGyver series on DVD, courtesy of my mother. I watched a LOT of MacGyver when I was young (alongside Cheers, Quantum Leap, and M*A*S*H reruns of course!). It has made me realize that Angus MacGyver has forever skewed my relationships with men. If a guy's not brilliant, adventurous, good with duct tape, AND utterly terrified of commitment, I don't want anything to do with him...

1 comment:

christianna said...

i miss watching macgyver ...